Wednesday, June 24, 2009

life happens....

(Beware, I am going to whine A LOT in this post...just let me ramble and I'll be fine.....)


We lasted ONE day.
Jonathan got sick (mostly caused by anxiety from being out of his norm.....) and I get no vacation....Instead, I get woken up to deal with poop AND puke. In a small tight space of a pop-up...Not fun. Not anywhere near fun...I am so not liking fragile x right now. It's so much easier when they're 5 and you can pick them up and move them at will. But when they're almost 21 and they outweigh EVERYONE, not so much.....

I should be here, with Greg and Micaela and Adam and Jonathan.


Instead, Adam and I brought Jonathan home...to settle him back into his comfortable surroundings. And to do a whole lot of laundry. I am so upset, I can't even articulate how much this broke my heart. Having kids with special needs is TOUGH. I don't want a pat on the back or a medal. I just want to be able to do FAMILY STUFF without all the drama!! It's tough.....The whole drive home (90 minutes) I didn't say one single word. Jonathan just kept looking at me, begging for silent forgiveness. I KNOW he can't help it. God knows I understand that.....but still I wanted some Family Time.....I was aching for it......

Micaela has been looking forward to this week for a LONG time. So I left her in her capable daddy's care.


They are fishing and relaxing and having fun, and I am glad for that. She was thrilled to catch her first fish last night....At least I was there to hear about that.....(she wouldn't touch it for fear it would bite her nose...???)

Meanwhile, I am doing the laundry. And praying.....the whole time this morning, I just kept repeating, "Lord, make this moment holy..." and He has. I am just going to cry myself to sleep tonight, missing my husband and wishing I was sitting lakeside, listening to the nothingness and the calm. I could use some calm right now....

(all photos were taken with my iPhone.....right before it gave me the Black Screen of Death....oh yes, less than a week of ownership and I get to go make some new friends at The Apple Store....I don't even wanna talk about it.....I'm going to my Happy Place with that....)

----Lord, make this moment holy......please--------

ETA: THANK YOU GOD!! My iPhone healed itself. I plugged it into the computer and it did a whole bunch of stuff that apparently wiped it clean and re-downloaded it. It's HEALED :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about this. I have no words of wisdom to offer, but I'll pray.

Lindsey Ann Bledsoe said...

I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to not be able to get the family time you need, I know you don't know me, but you'll be in my prayers.

Also - if your iPhone ever gives you the black screen of death again, and the software reset via computer doesn't work, try holding the power button and the round button at the bottom (I'm sure there's a name for it...) at the same time for about 10 seconds, should do an internal software reset. I got the black screen about a week and a half after I got mine, and just happened to be in Bethesda right across the street from the Apple store, just thought I'd share that info in case it is ever helpful to you.

Berry Patch said...

(((((((hugs))))))))) and prayers