Thursday, June 18, 2009

randomness on a Thursday

1. I got a new iPhone this week. It rocks every bit as much as they said it does.....and then some. Those SwagBucks earned iTunes gift cards are coming in real handy! And the fact that it will be HALF of the bill with the evil Verizon makes me soooo beyond happy.

2. Saw this story and was FURIOUS......I think there needs to be a smackdown of that park. I'm just sayin'......Amusement Park Denies Paralyzed Vet Free Entry

3. I just want to publicly declare that I despise sugar ants. Needed to vent...

4. Public schools let out this week for the summer. Jonathan, thankfully, is in year round school. This will be his last year. It's so bittersweet. My baby will be 21 this summer. When he turned 10, a double digit, I felt old. I feel positively decrepit now...

5. Greg and I will be homeschooling the kids during the summer, too. We're doing the SUMMER OF SCIENCE. Lots of experiments, gooey things, we're gonna grow things. It's all about Science. I am looking forward to it....

Now I must go. It's time for Living Room Math....it's where we all lie on the floor and do Math. Last time we did this, Adam was marvelling how he'd NEVER be able to bring a bean bag to public school....Amen!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Summer of Science sounds super! I just posted about TOPS science modules. Do you know about those?

I'm not a fan of sugar ants, either. I always keep a stock of Terro baits, the mortal enemy of sugar ants.

SB said...

I do not know about TOPS...please share :)

I am doing Apologia Exploring Creation with Botany, as well as some self-created science lessons. But I'd love to hear some new ideas.

Melissa said...

I've heard good things about Apologia but haven't used them yet.

TOPS science modules are inexpensive, hands-on lessons. Most of the supplies are ordinary household items. They have books for all levels, K-12. We've done several of their books and enjoyed them all. That's the short version, but here's the rest of what I wrote:

http://frugalcreativity.blogspot.com/2009/06/science-for-homeschool-or-after-school.html

Let me know if you have any questions!

Christy said...

No school for us this summer, at least officially. We all need a break, probably me more than the boys.

All ants stink, imo! LOL

That story absolutely disgusts me.

Berry Patch said...

I love your randomness! ;-) We do "Summer School" here as well - VERY low key & as fun as I can make it!

FXSmom said...

Summer is a great time for learning just because you can go outside and learn so much! And area places have some fun stuff too that would make for great field trips :)