Monday, June 08, 2009

sometimes you're the windshield....

Sometimes you're the bug.....

I LOVE that line from a Mary Chapin Carpenter song......

it's also I have felt this last week. SUPER busy and no time to blog.

Let's recap the last few days:

*our A/C broke and we're STILL waiting on the company with whom we have a (sad) warranty.....More on THAT to follow. I am too mad to write about it without resorting to profanity :(

*I had a 2-day migraine. But I am much better now, thank God!

* Did I mention we have no A/C? You know what 5 sweaty people in one house is like....? Fun.....not so much.


* Yesterday, our grill died. Yep, we've had like 7 years. It survived the frozen North but apparently NoVa did it in :)

Look at how sad the old one is....(which is funny because up until 2 days, it looked fine.....but then you look at the NEW ONE......it's soooo shiny and pretty. Who would've thought a grill could be PRETTY?This grill is big enough to make 28 hamburgers at once. I don't even wanna think about an event at my house where I would NEED 28 burgers, but that's another story....

* we're doing year-round homeschooling. And it's tough as the days grow longer, the attention spans grow shorter. Adam was a bit distracted today during our science review. It's really tooo hot and sticky to be effective so I can't blame him....

Now I must go. Tonight Micaela gets her NEW bunk beds :) Terribly exciting here at Casa Balvanz.

No comments: