Wednesday, July 29, 2009

blah

The weather is blah. I feel blah.....
Laundry is almost done. (now, I just need to convince people in my house, to whom I've given birth, that they are NO WARDROBE CHANGES in a typical day...)
Today is one of those days that I just want to pull the covers back over my head and stay there all day.
--------------------------
In other not-so-whiney news, FINALLY got to see my lady doctor yesterday. After TWO YEARS of trying to get an appointment. When they open up like 5 slots of the ENTIRE DC area, it makes it tough to get an appointment. Even if you call every month....for two years.

You people who voted for Obama and are looking forward to socialized medicine, just you wait. It's probably going to be like military health care, which for the most part has been alright. But try and get a timely appointment: HA! Want a specific (expensive) blood test? (in my case, the A1C screen for diabetes) And your doctor will say, "No, even though every female in your family, save one, has diabetes, they won't approve it. I'm not even going to try. But if you turn out to HAVE diabetes, they will help you with care." HA!

Well, the doc I saw yesterday understood where I was coming from and ordered the test immediately. I went down right then and had my labs before they could change their minds :) Now, I am just hoping for good numbers. (I am still addressing my health through other means, so I am NOT thinking I'll be "off the hook" if I get good numbers).
--------------------------
I am re-doing and moving my website. What a process. It will be worth it. I'm going to change A LOT of stuff.
--------------------------
Did you know that tomorrow (7/30) is National Cheesecake Day and you can dine in at The Cheesecake Factory and enjoy a half-price slice of cheesecake. I have never ever in all of my days liked cheesecake. In a way, I feel like I am missing out on a big secret that everyone else knows. But that just leaves more cheesecake for you guys.
--------------------------

Some ladies are stopping by this morning and look what I am making: WOOO HOOOO! These two ladies are definitely scone-worthy. The joke there is that these are my FAVORITE scones, and I only make them for super special folks. And I can only eat a smidgeon of a scone. They are soooooo good though.
-------------------------
I just have to share this with you. My husband sent it me the other day. I got such a kick out of it.....(I love that my husband knows my humor..)

Now back to our regularly scheduled chaotic day........

3 comments:

Linda said...

I will attest to the socialized medicine on TWO fronts. On the military front, I'm like you...I think the care's okay, but when you have to try and schedule "routine" stuff (that you should be having annually), it takes DOGYEARS to get it...took 6 months to get an appointment for a referral for a mammogram...and then, when I finally got the appointment, they find a lump, but it takes over a MONTH for the actual mammogram anyway? HUH??? On the other front...having family in Canada is testimony to the fact that socialized health care doesn't work. 'nuff said.

My mom is the only one in her family (5 kids) who doesn't have diabetes. Because I had gestational diabetes, I'm keeping a watchful eye on mine. I test my sugar regularly, and know when it's way too low. Scares me to think I may end up being diabetic.

By the way - where can *I* get a prescription for dammitol? I surely do need some...lots, actually!

Tammy said...

LOL on the Rx!

THANK YOU for tea! Sorry I couldn't try the scones, you know I'm on the diabetes bandwagon. I'll work on a diabetes-friendly recipe.

rennratt said...

They used to sell that 'medicine' at Spencer Gifts back in the 90s! I had a bottle on my shelf when I was in college.

I have seen some of the effects of socialized medicine, since a few of my friends happen to be Canadian. I don't look forward to the reality of it happening here.

Equality and fairness is all well and good in some mediums. Health care is not one of them. I don't think people understand that this will severely restrict what tests and research is being done to help people!