Friday, July 17, 2009

fitness update

I will admit...I all but abandoned my fitness goals last month.
I could offer you the excuse that life just overwhelmed me
but that's what it would be: an excuse.
I wasted all of that effort.
I regained much of the 12-15# I'd lost.
So I stopped by the gym yesterday, and re-committed myself to getting fit.

I know I'll do it better this time.
My trainer, Jonathan (who is AWESOME!!), is going to guide me. (translate: he'll kick my butt if I don't do what I am supposed to do....)

So once again, I am back on the exercise wagon.

Just doing the warm-up exercises killed me.
Today, my muscles are SCREAMING at me.
They should, I ignored them.
I deserve to suffer a bit.

Today, more torture...I mean, exercise.
I want to get back to that feeling of accomplishment, that high of being healthier.
Not to mention: skinnier jeans.....

:)

2 comments:

Linda said...

While on vacation, I gained 3 of the 7 lbs I had lost. UGH. Back to reality.

BBat50 said...

Isn't it amazing that even though exercising is fun and gratifying, we have so much fun staying at it?

For me, it's just so hard to get going, I skip so often, but when I do get out, I so enjoy it and kick myself for not being out more.

BTW - I'm one of the T4L homeschool curriculum crew.