Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Birthday America!!

We're not looking too shabby for being 233...
America is sooooo young compared to some countries.
It's amazing when you think of the journey that our country has been on: declaring ourselves, demanding our God-given freedom, and growing as a country....

I appreciate my freedom A WHOLE LOT more since marrying an ARMY guy.
It's just different now, than it was before I was a military wife. I have a deeper appreciation for my country, its military and the price they pay to protect our freedoms.

Just like many of you, I was at a small town parade today. In the town we live in, Purcellville, there are about 7,000 people. ALL of them were at or in the parade today. It was pretty cool. Literally. Only about 80 degrees, which was nice. Small floats and tractors and trucks drove by, throwing candy at kids who cared for nothing more than the candy....Flags were waving, smiles were in abundance. It was a lovely parade.

My favorite part was this: my son's Tae Kwon Do school,

Dragon Yong-In participated in the parade. They were GREAT (no bias. Seriously they were great!) Greg walked the parade route (and took the photos) with Adam, while I supervised Micaela, grabbing candy from parade people....and here are some of the funner moments with Adam in the parade.

Adam has his warrior face/ war cry well in hand.....the haircut doesn't hurt either.....Hard to believe he was too shy to holler in class that first week....Now, he's louder than just about any of them!

Dead center and looking good (and the only one with a High & Tight), he's been working on his form and he's having sooo much fun. He was the ONLY white belt to participate in the parade.

I am king od glad that I didn't see him doing flips in the STREET, because I am a Momma, and I would have been like, "Oh no, he's gonna fall and have another concussion..." This is where it's good that his Daddy was there...

I love how TKD is teaching him respect and discipline. That is worth the mountain of money I paid for the tuition. Well worth every penny.....

probably my favorite shot from the whole day. My boy in action. We'll be framing this one for his room. I like thinking that this discipline, this conditioning of his mind and body, will be very useful when he joins the military.
If you're local and considering Tae Kwon Do for your child(ren), you'd be wise to check out this school. The staff is professional and caring. It's a big committment but well worh it, in my opinion.

Tonight: hot dogs and fireworks. Good times.....

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

How cool! This makes me want to look into martial arts even more for my boys. I've been considering it for quite a while.

Lola said...

They all look so serious. Lol!

I’m Blog Hopping! Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend.

Please stop by Lin's Duck and Wheel With String to vote for me, Lola, in her First Official Dork-Off Contest. Vote for my photo, because my kindergarten photo is THE dorkiest.

http://duckandwheelwithstring.blogspot.com/2009/07/first-official-dork-off.html

Thanks!
Lola

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/

BBat50 said...

Aren't the martial arts fun? And ridiculously expensive? The real fun starts once they talk the parents into participating too. Check out my story of following my son into a dojo...