Tuesday, July 14, 2009

it's a Tuesday.....

1. It feels like Monday....but the calendar says it's TUESDAY...

2. Today, while at swim lessons at the Lovettsville Pool, a rabid fox came into the playground, bit two kids and an adult (who saved the other kids). LOTS of drama. I have never in my life seen an animal so scary and aggressive. Thankfully, my kids were in the pool when it happened. They would have freaked out. I mean, my kids are freaked by stray cats....

3. I am yapping over at Math Paths about GIRLS AND MATH....When you have a girl with fragile x, Math can be a sticky subject. And when you're homeschooling said girl, the stickiness gets even stickier.

4. While I was off whooping it up in OK, Greg was tackling the ongoing remodeling of our home....He's done the floors in 2 out of 3 room. The kitchen is last and will be the toughest. He's completed the kitchen cabinet fronts and we're getting the new counters on this Thursday. I can't wait!! I'll share pictures AFTER all of the floors are done. He's worked so hard. I am glad that I married a fixer....

5. We crossed over the $200 mark for the Wii....(actually we're at $212 as I write this...) a whole slew of great surveys came in while I was gone. I get to try products out (for free) nad give my very important opinion. Not only do I get to keep the products, I get paid, baby! So far this month, we've tried shampoo, laundry soap, salad dressing and we're awaiting deliveries of frozen pizzas, razors, tuna and perfume....I do love doing the surveys. I don't know if I'll stop when we hit the "Wii-goal".....it's too much fun.

6. Well, I have to get off of the computer. Tomorrow is Jonathan's birthday and I have to make a bazillion cupcakes for his friends at school. I cannot believe that my baby, my firstborn, will be 21. I feel VERY old.....As is tradition in my house, I'll be doing his Birthday Portrait Session tomorrow. I can't wait to share them....

Now, go...Enjoy your day!!

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

You better post pictures of your remodel!

rennratt said...

I can't remember if I have shared these sites with you or not. Since your daughter tends to be creative, perhaps rhyming would help with the math?

http://www.teachingheart.net/sing.html

http://www.effectiveteachingsolutions.com/poetrywebsites.htm

http://newman.needham.k12.ma.us/learningmaps/webquests/new_math_poetry/main.htm

Berry Patch said...

I just got home from our family vacation. It's Wednesday. It feels like Thursday. I'm so messed up.

Math...have you ever checked out Living Math? http://www.livingmath.net/
It uses "living books" to teach the concepts. Check out the "reader lists" for lists of books to read.