Monday, August 17, 2009

for the love of a mixer....

I was at a friend's house the other day....
She had a KitchenAid Mixer..a grey one..don't we all have a Kitchen Aid?
The one that sits on my counter is 12 years old and it's a workhorse....it's white.
I use it probably 3-4 weekly. I.LOVE.MY.MIXER.
and then this e-mail came to my in-box, letting me know about the 90th Anniversary edition Mixer.....

quoted from the e-mail:

A milestone this big deserves top-notch treatment, and KitchenAid's gone all out, creating a special edition of the classic countertop companion. With its cool glass work bowl and sparkling candy apple red exterior, the mixer's quite a stunner.

Its appeal isn't limited to its youthful good looks, either. The anniversary version also offers a solid 325 watts of power and 10 speeds so you can mix, whip and knead to your heart's content with the included flat beater, wire whisk and dough hook.

Here's to cooking with you, kid.
Ain't she a beauty.....? Is it wrong to pray that my mixer dies....?

----Note to self: need to start playing Lottery.----

4 comments:

Linda said...

I do not have a KA...I WANTED one, but it's one of those things that, no matter HOW MUCH I use it, will never be justified, price-wise, in the eyes of my ever-frugal husband.

So I have my FREECYCLE sunbeam stand mixer, which is not a work horse, rattles and MOVES across the counter (requiring that I stay by it for fear of its suicidal leap off the counter!), and it is noisy...but it works, and it fit my husband's budget limitations (as in ZERO, please!).

Oh well...

Berry Patch said...

I'm right there with you......I LOVE my KitchenAide! I'm also thankful my hubby got me the professional one. Love the size of it.

Kristiem10 said...

I love my kitchen aid mixer. My MIL got it for me for my bridal shower. I have used it at least once a week for ten years.

S'more of my Thoughts said...

Oh my.

That is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love the RED and the clear bowl!!!

Maybe we can pray that our Kitchen Aides have some sort of collision so we can both get this new beauty!