Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I feel WOW....


I know the title is bit lame, but work with me...
  • I made some changes recently (giving up sugar, and reducing my salt BIG TIME)...-I made it about 12 hours before I screwed up, but I corrected my mistake...-
  • I am drinking water and cran juice and I feel soooo much better. (and it's REAL cranberry juice, not a cocktail drink. The 100% unsweetened real deal...)
  • I have exercised twice in 2 days...TWICE....A few months ago when I was working 5-6 times per week, I felt GREAT. I want that feeling again....
  • Lunges equal pain. I AM the Human Marshmallow...
Tonight, after I worked out, I soooooo wanted to go across the street to Dunkin Donuts. All I could think about was the feeling of a chocolate covered cake donut. Seriously. I felt like a drug addict. And that's the grip of sugar.......

You know what was my saving grace? HEALTHY BY NATURE, which a health food store in Leesburg. I stopped by there the other day and bought some vitamins for Micaela and was incredibly impressed at the size of the store. I met the manager, Steve, and he answered all of my questions. It is a nice store. Apparently they just moved to this location (tucked into the corner by Loudoun Ballet and Curves), they used to be on Catoctin Circle.

I think I am going to make it my after workout reward. It saved me today: I avoided a bad drive-through snack instead for an organic banana. And Adam scored some Z-Bars...

Clif Bar & Company | Food | Products Clif Kid Zbar | are one of Adam's snacks of choice. And I am THRILLED that it's healthy...Next time, I might try the Clif Builder's bars. Any of you guys ever tasted them? Are they good? My personal favorite is Luna bars Nutz over Chocolate. I would rather eat a Luna bar than a Snickers.....

So if you're local, you simply MUST stop by Healthy by Nature. You won't regret it. After talking to Steve, I am even considering a vitamin (I have terrible reactions to vitamins....)

I earned my tired today. After driving home from Cowans Gap -for my one night of vacation- then working out. Then fixing dinner for the boys. I'll be lucky if I make it through the DVR'ed "Wipeout". Is it crazy that I am looking forward to tomorrow's work-out? Remind me when my legs are SCREAMING from lunges that I'd said that......

No comments: