Thursday, August 13, 2009

wide awake...

This will be an add-on post, so pardon me while I ramble....

1) At 0400, I was WIDE awake.....what is up with that? So I decided just to run with it. Stay awake and let me body re-set itself... I hope it passes quickly. My house is small and there's really no place to hang out while everyone is sleeping...


2) Went to Harris Teeter for Round One of the Triple Coupon shopping.

Full value of items shown is about $42.00, I paid a little more than $8.00 OOP (out of pocket). Which is a huge savings. My limit was $20.00 OOP, and I managed to stay under HALF of that. I'll go back one more trip....I can't resist TRIPLE coupons up to $0.99, it's my kind of fun. I use it to buy the things that I would otherwise resist.

2) We're starting school in about a week...I am looking forward to getting back into a schedule.

3) Did I mention that Adam PASSED his Tae Kwon Do testing? (they allowed him to test a week early to accommodate our vacation schedule, so he is pictured here without his new white belt with yellow stripe.)

It was very cool, watching my sweet little boy YELL like a warrior. Watching him at this age, in this time, I can envision what he'll be like in Basic Training. He sure does love Tae Kwon Do. And I can't say enough about his local school Dragon Yong-In and his Masters. The changes that I have seen in Adam are incredible.

  • He has an outlet for that boundless energy that most boys have

  • He has developed his mind AND his body

  • He is learning first hand what discipline means

  • He feels accomplished

  • He doesn't have to "suffer" through team sports (he despised soccer)
more later......

7 comments:

Linda said...

congrats to Adam! He looks FIERCE! I may have to consider TKD for Scotty....

SB said...

Adam IS fierce....I've never seen him like this. TKD was JUST what he needed...

Mind you, it WAS expensive. But it has been worth it beyond the $$...

I no longer have to "contain" Adam's energy, it now has safe outlet. He's learned to deal with his emotions..

Berry Patch said...

Congrats to Adam! Makes me rethink martial arts for my boys. Great job on the shopping too!!! ;-)

fragilemom said...

Maybe one of these days I'll get motivated to find the coupons. I admit, we could definitely, without a doubt, positively use the savings. Can I say LAZY! I think that's next to my name in the coupon dictionary.

Great pic of Adam. I've always heard great things about TKD. I'm so with you on not having to suffer with team sports. I hear they're brutal these days.

ps I'm back up and blogging after a month. Come read!

Kristiem10 said...

Way to go Adam! He does look pretty tough there.

Also, good job on the money savings. You are too good!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I just ordered a bunch of coupons off Ebay for Triples this week. I hope they get here in time. I'm planning my strategy with out them though. :)

Your take home cup cake idea is AWESOME!! How fun. I have done where they can decorate their own big cookies, but I love the cup cake idea even better. :)

Jen said...

Yay, Adam! So cute--I mean, fierce! ;)