Sunday, September 27, 2009

...because I dig hate mail.....


I get "anonymous comments" on my blog...
I have a tracker so I know who most of them are...
But sometimes, I make new friends..... :)
I don't post any comments that have profanity or pure hate (or drivel) in them. Not because I can't take it, but because I know children read this blog, my very own kids do.....
But a few weeks ago, a woman wrote me and said she "knew" me. It's possible since her IP address was relatively local. She said to me, "If you don't stop disrespecting my President, YOUR president, I'm going to de-friend you on Facebook"....

Oh no, the horror!!
I got over it real quick....If you don't want to be my "friend" on the articial social network known as Facebook, I'll live.
But I will not be silent when I see wrong-doing.
I won't just lie down and take it.
I won't allow for this person, my president, to rip our country off.
I will not be silent.......

So with that in mind, I share this with you....

you simply must stop by and visit Eric for his very cool perspective. I think he's right: our president is a robot. Who's his programmer? It sure ain't the American People.....

from Eric's site:

Ladies and gentlemen, your President is a robot. Or a wax sculpture. Maybe a cardboard cutout. All I know is no human being has a photo smile this amazingly consistent. On Wednesday, the Obamas hosted a reception at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, during which they stood for 130 photographs with visiting foreign dignitaries in town for the UN meeting. The President has exactly the same smile in every single shot. See for yourself — the pictures are up on the State Department’s flickr (link below). And, of course, compressed into 20 seconds for your viewing pleasure. flickr.com/photos/statephotos/sets/72157622444106644/

from a photography perspective, I KNOW how hard it is to duplicate and re-create a smile.
I would not personally want to photograph Obama. He looks boring to me. His wife scares me. His children, however, are beautiful.

Now, I must go. I have a kitchen that won't clean itself....

:-)

9 comments:

Berry Patch said...

I had to laugh about the FB comment. Seriously? Like that's a great motivator. HA! I love your POV - keep it up! ;-)

SB said...

I know....like, seriously?

I have better things to do than worry if you won't be my FB buddy...

Casdok said...

From one rebel mother to another - rock on!
:)

Tammy said...

It's time we dusted off the phrase, "I disapprove of what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it." --attributed to Voltaire

SB said...

nicely put, Tammy.

the other lion said...

I read a blog (dooce -- don't go there because you will hate it) and she gets so much hate mail that she started a website to publish it all and run ads on it to make money off of the haters. It's scary, though. People are so rude and immature. I don't agree with your politics and you don't agree with mine, but I will still gladly be your FB friend AND listen to your point of view. =)

Christy said...

I'm laughing about the FB comment too, because if she was truly your friend (or he) then she/he would know your politics already! I bet this same person had no problem dissing President Bush! I love the hypocricy. I can tell from what you post, it's not hate postings, it's sharing the truth, where abouts I found most things about Pres. Bush was nothing more than hatefulness, not about informing people on why they do not agree with him, or even why they dislike him...just ugliness at every turn.

Thanks for sharing and keep on girl!

rennratt said...

You know, I don't understand some people. I have friends all OVER the political spectrum, simply because diversity fascinates me.

I shudder at the thought of people trying to 'buy' or 'deny' my friendship based on whether or not they can bend my will and views. I prefer not to have bullies as friends.

Linda said...

oooooh...being threatened with a "defriend"...ouch...that's gonna hurt, huh? ;-)