Friday, September 25, 2009

pumpkin shortage....?

Saw this on a TRUSTED food blog and thought I'd share with you:

There was bad weather during last year’s crop that ruined about 1/3 of the crop…resulting in the shortage on grocery shelves today. I know my grocery store has been out for weeks. And others in Indiana, Iowa, California are also reporting difficulty finding this precious commodity and NECESSITY in their stores.

I share this not to induce widespread panic. Just to let you know the situation.

So, if you see a can. Buy it.

----------------------

In my house, there MUST be pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. MUST BE.
My husband LOVES it. I am seriously considering whipping up a pumpkin mousse pie instead but I don't think he'll go for it. He has pulled Micaela into his Pumpkin Pie World, too.

I personally am not a fan of pumpkin anything. I did taste some peanut-butter pumpkin coconut bars one year that were delish.....No recipe or recollection of who made them, darn it.

I love Thanksgiving.
I love the cooking (hate the cleaning).
I love the traditions.
Love Fall all the way around....

2 comments:

Berry Patch said...

Bummer! I thought this might be the case. I can find the big cans but not the smaller ones. I personally love pumpkin bread and need just one small can per batch. I'll have to start looking every week. I want me some pumpkin bread!!!

Christy said...

Oh I did not know that, thanks for the info! I'll have to get some now so that come Thanksgiving we have some! I really like Pumpkin Bread and Muffins, mmmmm, I think I may have to make some this year! We are going to a pumpkin festival next weekend, I'd love to use fresh pumpkin, but honestly have never done it and don't have a clue where to start!