Saturday, October 03, 2009

bragging

I am back but only for this:
I totally have to brag about my husband.
He is soooo good at fixing things. His mind works in a way that mine never will.
We used to have this really ugly country-bumpkin lookin' (although useful) bench in our kitchen. Jonathan used to drive me NUTS, sitting in there begging for snacks 24-7....
Well, when we had our kitchen counters redone, with I-LOve-them-and-they're-so-worth-it Corian counter tops, we ripped out the country bench....
And we used this space to increase the counter space in our sweet little kitchen.
So worth it....

So, feast your eyes on this....isn't it lovely? Here's how it shaped up..

The space without the bench and the counter-cart.

The unpainted counter-cart...(above)

And voila! The completely painted, much-adored totally spectacular custom made counter-cart.

He made this IN HIS HEAD.
Without a design plan.
In just a few days...

I am so impressed with him. I am lucky to be married to a HANDY man.....
Not only does this look better than anything we could have bought, it was a whole lot less expensive and much higher design quality.
Whoever buys our house will LOVE this added counter-cart!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I think it's really cool! It is designed to let the light in, which is great (as well as the air from the fans when needed). I also love the cookie sheet nook you have. What a great idea. Kudos to you, Greg!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your kitchen and new counter top gadget look great! I've been away for a while, so I had a lot of catching up to do with your blog. I hope you are feeling better! Have a great rest of your weekend!

JB

dozenhalls said...

Kudos! Excellent job! Hooray for handy husbands :)