Thursday, October 15, 2009

fashion overhaul

I came from a family with 4 daughters. I didn't get ANY of the fashion sense....
it's true...I am NOT Ms. Fashionista... I am not even into shoes that much, although I am developing a thing for boots.
Anyhoo.......I saw this article and I think every woman should read it.....

Could you wear the same dress for a month? One woman did, and it's ...

I found it very interesting as I am purging my closets and donating like a wild woman.
I just wish I had the fashion sense (and maybe a blank check..hehehehe....) to overhaul my wardrobe. I have been re-shaping it with various classic items here and there.....

There's this one lady at our church (if you attend GSLC, you'll know who I am talking about without even mentioning her name...) Her name is Heidi and I wish I had her style. She's so amazingly dressed. I think I'm going to beg her to go shopping with me...She has an innate and colorful sense of style. But she could look good in a paper sack, too.

Could you do it? Wear the same dress for a month? I could wear the same jeans, and the same orange fleece top and the same Harley boots. but a dress, I dunno if *I* could do it...You know who could? My daughter, she's into EVERYTHING about fashion and color and accessories....

3 comments:

ohhollyf said...

Wearing the same dress for a month sound freeing !

dozenhalls said...

we're doing a clothing exchange at Blue Ridge Bible Church this week! Drop clothes off from 9 to 1 pm daily and pick up clothes too :) Guess if you are purging, you might not want more but it is all free and goes to clothe the Body of Christ! :)

Catherine said...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. When I first started working at an office and had a limited wardrobe, I would pull together a few things and make it my wardrobe for the month. Then buy one item, and look for other pieces and put together another wardrobe for the month. So I would have jeans for after work, a couple of skirts, a dress, a couple of jackets, a couple of sweaters, some t shirts, blouses, shirts, scarves, slacks, and would mix them up into coordinates. It was fun in a way, and the other women in the office decided to start doing the same. My favorite was the gray/burgundy combo. I still have a lot of that basic ensemble.

I might start this again!