Saturday, October 10, 2009

on a Saturday....


1. Our week has been exceptionally busy. Me, I was just not feeling well. Greg used the time he was staying home to let me get well to get a giant head-start on the tons of work that he's doing in the Wood Shop. My guy is a Master Woodworker. He is incredibly talented. I am lucky to have him!

2. I wish I could get the flu, or at least a milder version, every few months. I lost 7# (real weight, not just water weight, I don't ind at all....). Funny thing, when you're sick like that, you totally don't want to eat. And nothing smells good...

3. Today is the town wide tag sale. I'd wanted to get a super early start. My sleepy-headed kids had a different plan.....

4. I am getting ready to re-paint various places in my house, freshen them up. And I don't know why: but I want to go colorful. Which is NOT like me at all. So I think, at the next house (which will be a rental) I'll break out of my chromophobic shell and live a little. I keep wanting to paint things orange....I am certainly influenced by the fact that it's Fall, my fave season of all...

5. In anticipation of the house going on the market, I have been grocery shopping A LOT less. I could seriously shop out of my pantry and freezer for a month and not make a dent. Seriously. So that's exactly what I am attempting to do....

5 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Sorry you were under the weather, but woohoo for the 7 lbs. you lost.

We just had our community garage sales a couple weeks ago. I love garage sales!

♪Juste Moi♥ said...

7lbs is a lot to lose from a sickness...lol

what is a tag sale??? is that like a yard sale?

SB said...

7# is a lot, I agree. but it was exactly where I needed to lose it! I couldn't eat much for about 10 days. I could cook but then couldn't eat it. SO I lived on bananas and hot tea. My appetite is still a bit iffy. I am not complaining!

ohhollyf said...

Tell us what you bought @ the sales ? Here in Leesburg I went to a church all Christmas sale, & bought a faux needlepoint stocking with the nativity. It will match our colllection :)

SB said...

I didn't go to any sales :(
I had such great intentions, but my energy level is so low after the Piggy Flu. Add to that, Jonathan's moodiness and I couldn't get out of the house early enough.
The crowds in P'ville were AWFUL...Like 20 minutes to drive 20 blocks.