Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the adventures of Mohawk Boy....

For MONTHS, Adam has relentlessly nagged Greg and I for a mohawk....
(Greg cuts both boys' hair).....
I was against it because I don't want my sweet lil boy to look like a ruffian.

But he got one!

This past weekend, when I was headed out to the Ladies Retreat, Adam knew he'd be getting a haircut, so he asked once more if he could have a mohawk....so I said, "If you can convince your Daddy, then it's fine with me..." Apparently, I misjudged his ability to convince his Daddy,,,,

Skip ahead in the story a bit....I'm sitting at my Ladies Retreat, studying Proverbs 4:23 and checking my e-mail during a break...and what do I see...? These photos!

All of the ladies at my table got a kick out of it....I couldn't stop giggling....

At least his head will be covered mostly for the next month or two, while we go through winter. We did tell him that this is his ONLY mohawk, so he'd better enjoy it while it lasts. It is a bit disconcerting to walk through the stores and have people stare at me and at Adam, and the judgement on their faces is clear. It's ONLY HAIR, people.....

Thinking about getting him some pointy elf ears......I don't care, he still looks cute to me :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

ah, it's CUTE! And hair grows fast. And hey, if you think the stares are a bit disconcerting, just think what they would be like if it was also dyed BLUE ( which some woman did for her son in KS). The mohawk I can deal with...a blue one...on a 6 or 7 year old...not so much.

Kristiem10 said...

He is cute. But it is a shocker. I have to admit I look twice when I see someone with a mohawk. I don't judge, though. I just think they're hip. (I know, who says hip anymore?)

SB said...

well, looking is fine...but when you're saying OUR LOUD how kids with mohawks end up in prison...etc...One lady was saying this at the market. Adam was lucky out of ear shot.

He think he looks tough, which apparently is valuable to a 7-year-old home schooled kiddo.