Monday, November 16, 2009

ten more days.....


Do you realize that Thanksgiving is only TEN DAYS away....?
I love Thanksgiving....
I have great memories of Thanksgiving from my childhood.
My mom was, and still is, an amazing cook. She could put Paula Deen to shame. :)
I love the whole deal: the turkey, the stuffing, a few pies, WAY too many dishes to wash, full tummies, napping on the couch.....and above all else, being grateful.
No matter what's going on in your life, you have a lot for which you should be grateful.
The list of blessings in my life is long. I am lucky. So are you.

Now.....I have to start planning and gathering recipes. I was just telling someone at the Retreat what a great frugal addition a turkey is to your menu...I can get about 20 different meals out of one turkey..but truth be told, I fix the same three recipes. Maybe this year, I'll make the full 20 to the delight of my husband :)

What are you most thankful for this year?

I am most thankful for perspective. It's constantly changing and shifting but I am changing with it. I am thankful that God is opening up my heart to be more welcoming to whatever changes He has in store for us. I am thankful for my beautiful family. So thankful.

No comments: