Tuesday, December 01, 2009

......Christmas presents...


My kids are making their Christmas lists right now, as I type this....
Won't they be shocked to find out that we've actually completed our shopping :)
It was a sneaky way to work in handwriting exercises.
They are MOTIVATED....
----------------------------------------
What's on YOUR Christmas list......?
My wants are many but my needs are few.
What I really want (and need) is that I want our house to sell in a timely fashion so that we can stay together as a family and move to WA together as a family. That's all I really want. But it'll happen in God's time, not mine.

That being said, I have a long list of "stuff" that I want.
But I am trying and praying to turn away from that. I don't want to WANT.
I don't want to suffer from the "gimmes"....

I want the warmth and fellowship of Family.
I want the memories.
I want photos of smiles and hugs.
I want to embrace the true meaning of Christmas.
--------------------------------------------------------------
So tell me, in the comments, what's the ONE THING that you'd really like to find under the tree this year? And don't say "world peace"...you know how hard that is to wrap?

If I could only have one gift that you could put in a box, I'd choose a photo safari in DC in the Spring. And a babysitter so Greg could go with me :)

3 comments:

Berry Patch said...

Any gift? A digital SLR - preferable of the Canon brand so I can continue to use my flash & lenses that I have for my film one. ;-) But I second all you said...

And I thought you'd get a kick out of this...the word verification was "bakerma" ;-)

SB said...

ha! When I commented on your blog, the word verification was "thingsYes"....

rennratt said...

I'd like the financial freedom to quit my job.

That probably won't fit under my tree, so I'll go with a gift card for clothes, books or music.