Sunday, December 06, 2009

it's Sunday...

have you noticed that any amount of clever wit I had has vanished? I can no longer come up with zippy post titles....Oh well...

My Life has been busy enough lately to keep two people hopping.....Prep for the holidays, Christmas shopping, tae kwon do, and more tae kwon do....I am not complaining. We literally signed up for this! Adam was allowed to test early for his next belt and I'm proud to report that Adam is now a GREEN BELT. And while we are away from VA, he'll be able to train at the sister school in Anchorage!

This weekend, we photographed his school's Masters. Adam has so much admiration for these individuals, as do I. The physical prowess of TKD is constantly amazing...And the further Adam goes, I can see him becoming more confident and proud of himself. Not boastful, but proud of what he's accomplishing....

And Micaela has joined in! She's working her way up from the beginning White Belt. It's so cute, watching her irrepressible bubbliness on the mat. They start playing the music and she automatically starts dancing! Too bad you can't get a belt status for dimples, eh?

(just for the record, my kids nor Master Huang are THAT orange....I am in a hurry and don't have time to go back to correct the over-colorized look :)

So we are definitely a Tae Kwon Do Family. When we move, I'll probably take it, too. Adam has already promised to teach me the forms....We estimate that Adam might have his Black Belt before Greg deploys if he keeps going strong...

Now, I must get to the laundry. Apparently, people want clean clothes to pack in their suitcases. Go figure.....

Two more days.....then I'll be reporting from Alaska. We'll be on vacation but still doing school. In between snowboarding, skiing and snowman building. And we've got a few "surprises" for the kids. It's gonna be good.....so if I don't post for a few days, at least you know I'm having fun!!

1 comment:

Berry Patch said...

Congrats on the tae kwon do! I'm going to be looking in to a class for my boys soon. We tired once before & it didn't work for schedules. I love the discipline that is taught. Hubby & I both did some (not TKD though - different styles) in college & I still remember some of it! ;-) Have fun on vacation!!! Enjoy the snow!