Sunday, December 20, 2009

....staying busy.......

1. Family time reigns supreme....When we decided to spend a month in Alaska, it sounded pretty glamourous. It just rolls off your tongue..a MONTH....it's pretty sweet being back here in Alaska. But it's REALLY hard to get the kids' to do their schoolwork when they are a bit distracted by snowboarding and mountains of snow, and did I mention the snow....?

2. It's funny how we waited FIVE YEARS for snow in VA, we leave for a month's vacation, and what happens back in VA...a real life snowstorm....go figure. I don't think I would have like watching people freak out over the snow. I think the main reason DC is bad with snow is their total lack of preparedness.

3. Trying to explain the feeling of AK to people who've never been here is hard to do. We just feel more at home here than anywhere else...

4. I am almost done with the gift shopping. The kids said I am back on the Naughty List after I called a young lady "the B word" in the Mall today......(I'd been standing in like for 15-20 minutes at Arby's and she cut in front of me and about 15 other people...I tried to be nice, but that didn't last long.....) so I am on the Naughty List. But she had it coming...

5. Tomorrow, I am printing out lyrics for our Christmas Eve sing-along. I LOVE TO SING CHRISTMAS CAROLS......so do my kids, so we're going to spend some time on Christmas Eve just singing. I always cry listening to my kids sing. I started tearing up listening to Jonathan sing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" today in the car......

6. By the way, our rental car was upgraded two levels to a rockstar minivan. I have new respect for minivans. I will no longer diss them. I can see the charm now. I will now own one until Volvo makes one, but still....

7. Tomorrow is either bowling or Snowboarding and/or tubing.....

life is good. And busy.......and full of the joy of family and togetherness. I hope it's the same in your house.....

and as for the astonishing lack of photos on my blog? I turned over my camera to Adam, so I have a LOT of photos of his new stuffed animal, an Alaskan Husky named Blazer, and about 10 million blurry trees photographed through frost-covered van windows......you wanna see? I'll gladly share. he's very determined about his "art"....

No comments: