Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday......


1. Trying to NOT grocery shop this month as much as possible. Doing the Pantry Challenge, and finding it easier than I thought....I am glad that I stocked up so much in previous months. Makes this easier....Utilizing GREAT websites for recipe ideas helps....

2. You know what else helps? I put the hammer down on the kids' pickiness, that *I* was enabling. My days as a short-order cook are coming to end thankfully. After Week 1 of enforced "You Eat what the Grown-ups Eat", I'm happy to report that the whining isn't as bad or as long. And Adam who is SUPER SKINNY has gained 2#. And his appetite is a bit more predictable. And BOTH kids are sleeping better.....and......

3. *I* am less stressed, knowing that I am doing what's right for the kids in the long-run.

4. I'm also pleased as punch to report that I have not gained weight since coming home vacation (even after that HUGE lunch at Blue Ridge Grill, I love that place.....) I reluctantly weighed in this morning on my Wii Fit Plus, and I am down 1.5# from 9 days ago when I last weighed in AK...It's small and steady progress. And then there's the exercising.....

5. I only worked out ONCE last week....and here's the shocker, I missed it. I'm struggling to make time for my own health, as we have the kids' school day, dinner prep, house cleaning and of course, tae kwon do...I'm come to the conclusion that I may have to start getting up at 4am. This will sure eliminate any late night DVR-watching sessions :)

6. I've started looking at how I eat since I am so hyper-focused on the kids' eating habits. And I'm trying to look at my calories like money....am I spending them wisely? I am craving water, and bread. And I find myself thinking about steamed or grilled veggies...The Veggies I can do, but I am cutting back on bread. I can't give it up entirely. Not only would I miss life without baking bread, but denying myself an entire food group is shooting myself in the foot....

7. Weekly menu: I am planning my week's menu out, based on what I have. And I am way too excited about Black & Blue Cobbler tonight....in the crockpot. I love my crockpot....

1 comment:

Jen@balancing beauty and bedlam said...

So glad to hear the Pantry Challenge is easier than you thought...by the end of the month I know I am going to have to be doing a lot more thinking outside the box, but it's worth it. :)