Saturday, February 13, 2010

love and other mushy stuff...

1. It's almost Valentine's Day......and with it, comes the exhausting message that men must buy something extravagant for their wives, etc....Don't get me wrong: I like goodies as much as the next girl, but this year, I saw something deeper: that love is a man who worries about you when you're home alone in a blizzard. Love is a man who shovels 3-4 feet of snow for HOURS so you can get your car out of the driveway....Love is a man who stays awake late to talk to you.

2. That being said, he also bought me flowers. And not just ANY flowers: my favorite flowers. I love tulips. I.LOVE. THEM. When they were delivered, I just sat there looking at them in the vase (with tears in my eyes and Adam asked me if I was crying because I was allergic to them :)....and it wasn't only a few tulips, it was TWO DOZEN....

3. Life has been very busy lately. The winter storm impacted everything. Jonathan has missed about 9 days of school due to the weather....we're PRAYING that school is open this week. Jonathan has fired me numerous times. So far, my replacement has not shown up :)

4. The two younger kids have begrudgingly kept at their homeschooling. It's very hard to compete with the possibility of snow fort building, when I have hours of reading and multiplication tables.....

5. My washer broke last week....when Greg was out of town, of course.....he came home, literally stood near it, touched and by golly, it started working again. We don't call him The Fixer for nothin'.....

6. Purging---with the house going back on the market in about a month, I am once again purging. Stuffing HUGE bags full of outgrown clothes and toys that need new owners. Preparing for the eventual garage sale!! I love pre-PCS purging. I love when the movers come to take it all away and then we re-discover our stuff when we get to the next place. I am ready for June to get here....I'm so excited about Fort Lewis!

7. One of the things that I am VERY excited about is that while we're on the road from Washington DC to Washington State, we'll keep homeschooling. The portability of home-schooling is high on cool factor. We just take it with us. We did that while we went to Alaska in December.

8. It's hard to believe that this will be Jonathan's LAST year of school...he's very anxious about finding a job. It's ALL he can talk about. I hope that we're able to find him the proper program in WA....

9. President's Day is tomorrow!! We're studying great men who've shaped our country. (We're visiting The White House next week..our trip this past week was postponed due to Snowapalooza 2010...) If you're in need of a project, you can use these...

NotebookingPages.com width=Author:NotebookingPages.comRating:Pages:14Price:$1.95 $0.00[Click to preview]','infoBoxContents');" onmouseout="kill();" title="Presidents Day Notebooking Pages">Presidents Day Notebooking Pages

10. I'm THRILLED to be planning a trip to St. Louis in April. I'm going to a scrapbooking conference with a good friend. I'm looking forward to the slumber party type trip, we're going to scrap, shop, giggle and have fun!!

2 comments:

fragilemom said...

I LOVE, LOVE TULIPS TOO! Jim knows no other flowers will do on valentines day. My goal is to someday plant some.

fragilemom said...

I always wanted to know what a scrapbooking conference is like. I think I'm too chickened I'll get too overwhelmed.