Sunday, April 18, 2010

he's not so vanilla.....

My son, Adam, is very fond of vanilla ice cream.
In fact, it's the ONLY flavor he will eat...
This is frustrating to me when there are so many wonderful flavors to choose from. I've never been able to convince him to try any other flavors.

Until now.....


Did I mention that the killer macho blender also makes ICE CREAM.....?
It came with this recipe book full of recipes, most of which I didn't think Adam would ever agree to try.....


So we gathered the ingredients. And for the record, I think that it's too sweet. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. I think 1/4 cup would be plenty....


It's a little softer than stuff you scoop from the freezer, but it's so tasty....
We used Wegman's store brand chocolate-style cookies...


Adam willingly tried this ice cream. No begging, pleading or threatening....at all.


He gave it an enthusiastic two-thumbs up....he now understands that there's more to life than vanilla....

3 comments:

Holly's Mom said...

Love the pics of him eating the ice cream and the hat, it looks yummy

Catherine said...

How on earth do you make ice cream in a blender?

SB said...

it's no ordinary blender. It makes smoothies, juices, can make ice creams AND even makes soup.
It's a SUPER killer macho blender..