Wednesday, April 14, 2010

long time, no blog....

Hi all....
My life has been dominated by two things:
1) keeping the house "Realtor clean";
and 2) not losing my mind.
I'm succeeding on one of these. I'll leave you to wonder which...

Seriously, I don't have much time for the blog these days, and frankly, that's a good thing. I'm busying LIVING life instead of writing about it. And THAT is a good thing.

I've been a bit of traveling in these recent weeks. Let me tell ya about it..

1. I drove a bazillion hours (really only 7 each way) to meet up with my friend Linda. Linda and I have been ONLINE friends for a few years. Our husbands do the same job in the ARMY so we can safely complain to each other. We're both Sisters in Christ, and her friendship is a treasure beyond measure. She's the sister I never had...


Linda is ridiculously adorable: both in looks and in personality. She could charm anyone. It's EASY to be friends with her.

She and I met up in South Carolina, at the BILTMORE....


Just seeing a photo of The Biltmore does not convey the sheer enormity of this mansion. It's hard to remember that this was someone's RESIDENCE at one time. And man, they charge a fortune to get in. We were blessed with discount tickets through ITR. (love those mil bennies....)


they had THIS SIGN as you enter The Biltmore....yeah, whatever. I snapped photos throughout the tour, so thankful for auto-focus.

what can I conclude from the tour of The Biltmore...? They were all very short :) Those beds were tiny.
It was a great trip. Too short. We didn't scrap AT ALL. Just laughed, talked and giggle. I'd do it again in a heartbeat....

Next trip: I went to St Louis to meet up with another friend. This friend is a private person, so I'll just call her "L". She doesn't like it when I talk about her on my blog...so I'll (mostly) honor her wishes...

Anyhow, we went to St Louis, with the express desire to attend the CKC, which is a scrapbooking convention. Let me just say: scrapbooking on the whole has taken a HUGE hit with the economy. What's the first thing you give up when money's tight? Hobbies. The scrapbooking deal was a little lame (she agreed) so we spent 3.5 days shopping, eating, napping, exercising, and more shopping. I have not had THAT much fun (or been spoiled so much) in forever. Maybe not ever. My husband is lucky that I didn't run away from home.....

(These phones were snapped with my iPhone because I didn't feel like lugging my real cameras to STLO...)

My view of The Arch out of the window of the Hyatt, which I would totally recommend. It was nice....plus it has a Ruth's Chris in the lobby. YUM!

Remember I said all that eating: Well, there was a KOLACHE FACTORY. This might not seem like a big deal but I LOVE KOLACHES, and had not had them for 11 years, since my ARMY dude swept me outta Texas. I could've eaten a dozen. Seriously. They were wicked good....

Now, "L" is one of my dearest friends. We stayed up late talking, laughing, sharing and determined that she'll come visit me when Greg deploys. Maybe sooner. I love ya, "L". Like a sister only better.

Remember the spoiling I mentioned? She bought me TWO of the most incredible gifts:

The BlendTec blender....which if you knew me in real life, you'd know I fell in love with a few months ago. But it's price tag was too much for my budget. Well, "L" tricked me into thinking she'd bought this red beauty for herself. Only to sneak around and ship it to me. It arrived today. I AM SO EXCITED!! It's no ordinary blender. I won't go on and on (although I could), but it'll change how I eat. I am gonna be a Smoothie Queen. Don't be surprised when I start sharing (gross) green smoothie recipes with you guys. The Green Smoothie Girl is a blog I've been reading and that lady has two sons whose asthma was out of control and she's done amazing things for their health with green smoothies...So this blender will be getting a SERIOUS workout. I already went to Wegman's to load up on my fave fruits, berries and greens...


This one's BIG: she bought me a Laptop!! We talked about the new direction that I'll be taking my business with our move to the Pacific Northwest, and she believes in me so much that she bought me a LAPTOP to show her support. This is something that I couldn't afford on my own (at least not yet, I was saving points, but let's face it: it was taking me a LONG time...)
I'm speechless at her generosity. Her kindness. She's an amazing friend and I'm lucky to have her in my life. I'm not just saying this because she bought me cool stuff. She's a nice person. And I'm blessed by the gift of her friendship...


And because every rose bush has its thorns, I'll share the "less than fun" stuff, too. These past few weeks have been chaos for Jonathan. He's done as well as can be expected with all of the changes that we're talking about constantly: selling the house, keeping the house clean ALL the time, moving, new places, no more school, it just doesn't end. It's no wonder that moving ranks higher than divorce and death for stress....
Jonathan's moods affect our entire household. And we all try to roll with the punches. It's exhausting sometimes.

All in all, it's been busy. For every 1 thing, I mentioned here, there are 10 that I left out. But that's okay. I'm busy LIVING life. And keeping the house clean. Ugh...

4 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Whew! That sounds exhausting. I am glad you got some time with friends. And what cool gifts!

Kristen's Raw said...

Blend tec and green smoothies? Whoo hoo!!! Awesome!

Linda said...

Those are great pictures of me. You made me look GOOOOOD! And I love your Biltmore shot, too...and of course, all the other pictures as well. because you're just good that way.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like your friends "L" and Linda sure think highly of you. Friends like that are rare and difficult to find. Those are the kind that will stick with you even through the most difficult times, you know?

I hope you are doing well!

JB