Sunday, April 18, 2010

smoothie central....

I will admit it. I'm OBNOXIOUS about smoothies now.
It'll probably pass in a few weeks but for now, I'm ALL about smoothies....
I bought this book:


and let me say this:

I love love LOVE my BlendTec.....I am so thankful for this gift from my friend, "L". It's amazing...I've made smoothies every day since it came out of the box. (tonight we're making Cookies & Cream ice cream in it....)



is it hard to drink something that looks really gross...? I just add the blueberries to cover the green and it becomes more visually appealing...Micaela was not thrilled when it was JUST green. Purple helps...

It might be mind over matter, but pineapple is supposed to help with respiratory issues, and I kid you not: my asthma symptoms feel lighter. It's probably all in my head, but who cares? I'm breathing easier....


not everyone is super=psyched about smoothies. Adam is underweight and I'm trying to get him on a healthier path. He's not a fan of smoothies to begin with. When they're KNOWN TO BE HEALTHY, he's very much NOT thrilled.


and just to prove to you that I can talk about something else other than smoothies, look what I scored at the thrift store yesterday. I couldn't resist...I KNOW I'm purging and getting rid of stuff but this is professional grade bakeware: heavy gauge pans. I had 5 of them in my hands (at $1.00 each) when I overheard a lady talking about she was starting over and had almost NO kitchen ware. So I gave her 4 of the pans that I found....She was happy to take them. These sell for about $60 each...I love a bargain!!
(I'm going to make vegetable lasagna sauce for this pan...in my BlendTec...hehehehe)

1 comment:

Kristiem10 said...

Looks like a great blender. And it sounds like you're having fun with it. Good for you!