Sunday, May 23, 2010

favorite things

I can't get that Sound of Music song out of my head....these are a few of my favorite things....la dee....you know how it goes....

So I started thinking, what ARE a few of my favorite things.....?

Of course there's chocolate, and footrubs, and Reese's peanut butter cups (but only the mini ones).
And the sound of my children's laughter.
And knowing that I've made a difference.
And accomplished something that I didn't think I could do.
And the smell of bacon.
And when my husband says "I love you" first.
And when Adam sings.
Or when Jonathan belly laughs.
Or a really really good piece of music.

Certain things are hypnotic. Like watching the ocean, or a campfire.
Or an American flag in the wind. I love our flag. It's one of my favorite things.
That's one thing about life in a small town: dozens, if not hundreds of homes have US flags, proudly flying. ALL year, not just on special patriotic holidays. I do love that.


I love our flag. Definitely one of my favorite things....

1 comment:

gnee said...

I'm with you, love may it wavy! I love chocolate and foot rubs too...and my house is also for sale. We are pretty much in the same boat. Good luck with your move and you will love WA!