Tuesday, June 01, 2010

speeding down the hill....

It's Tuesday.
I'm still at peace.
Why is this odd....? Because in 6 days, I'll have wall-to-wall movers in my house.
I've never been this calm before a PCS...Evah......I mean, I have LOTS to do, but I'm just bumping along...So not like me.....seriously. This peace is God given.


But I'm so excited about this move. When I say that, people automatically leap to "you don't like life in Virginia.."  I do not dislike life here. I am just ready for the next place. Ready for new discoveries....That's the part of ARMY life that I like the very best....I mean, who wouldn't? It's exciting....

I'm so grateful to those at Joint Base Lewis-McChord that have provided information. It helps when we're prepping Jonathan for his first move in 6 years....Micaela and Adam were too young to really remember much of our last move so they're wide-eyed with anticipation. It doesn't hurt that we're taking a GIANT vacation all the way across the entire US. Of course, we're sticking to the Northern States...but it's going to be a fun trip!


Our planned journey goes from VA to OH, then onto WI for a few days, then onto IA for several days (catching up with family!!), after which we'll descend upon the Mall of American in MN (for the American Girl shop...)...Then we'll make our way to SD and see some of the great sites, then into beautiful MT. After then, we'll slowly make out way into ID and finally end up in WA.....two weeks of fun, camping, hotels and sites. I'm going to be blogging the whole way (thanks to my handy laptop....) I am so excited that our kids are at a fun, exploring age. And that they will sleep late some days...

Bring on the fun.....and the movers....

5 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Hey if you get close by me (in Ohio) let me know. I'd love to meet up with you guys!

SB said...

do you live near Sandusky...? We'll be at the KOA, rocking the OH area, for sure....

fragilemom said...

Sounds totally exciting to me! Hope all continues to go well! Can't wait to travel with you...via your laptop of course!

Kyte said...

Thanks so much for your encouraging comment on my blog! :) Good luck with your upcoming move, and enjoy your adventure/vacation!

Also, I went to your photography site and, my word! You take absolutely fabulous pictures! :)

Mel said...

Hey, you're moving to my neck of the woods!

(I'm going through my blogroll and happened upon this post . . . )