Saturday, August 07, 2010

busy times, folks!

1. I know that you guys aren't sitting around, missing me....Life is BUSY around these parts....still settling into the house (will it ever end...?) Still haven't found those critical computer cords, darn it...I KNOW they packed 'em....hopefully they'll turn up soon..

2. My kitchen is completely usable now. Even though it's the size of a postage stamp, I still have to cook and create in there...which means I require a few things. Which means I did a little shopping on my beloved King Arthur Flour online this morning....I do love that site, but trying to narrow it down to what I "need" is sort of like taking me on a chocolate tour and only giving me one sample....but my wallet dictates what I can buy, so I'm only buying the super-duper important stuff. Like Pizza Dough Flavor - 4 oz (for homemade pizza crust, a real money saver in my house) and SAF instant yeast, which is WAY cheaper through KAF than through your local market.....and you know how I like to save money :)

It broke my heart a little looking at all of the beautiful cake pans. I don't have ANY storage space for the pans I already own so of course I can't buy any new ones...but still I like to look at 'em.... If I owned all of the cake pans I want, I'd have to have my kitchen in an airplane hangar...hehehehe.....

2. How's Jonathan...? No meltdowns for two whole days. It's a record I'd like to break....hoping for 3, then 4 and more. It's been tough on him. He misses his friends. He misses his whole life back in VA. But soon, he'll settle in here and we can all breathe....hopefully. If you have to pray for anyone, pray for Jonathan...

3. Greg's job......- It's a big change going back into the real ARMY Band world after being in Special Band arena...but he likes it. The Band members are good, hard workers. And I am glad to get to know some of the spouses. We lived so far from Greg's office before in DC that I didn't get to know many people and I regret that....but here, Greg's commute is only 1.7 miles :) MUCH better than 55 miles each way.

4. The kids......are making friends and begrudgingly prepping for the upcoming school year. Homeschooling with Jonathan AT HOME ALL DAY will be a new challenge.... I pray that God gives me what I need to do my job...I know He will.....

As soon as I get my desktop computer hooked up, I'll be doing posts more regularly. With actual photos.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Would love to see the new house? How many bedrooms? Looks nice sized.

fragilemom said...

You are one busy lady! Love the blog background!