Thursday, December 30, 2010

blur


This last month has been a blur. I kid you not.......if you sat me down and asked me, what's been going on, I'd have to say I'm so busy, I can hardly tell you :)

It's the End of 2010 tomorrow. I, for one, am glad. Lots of changes this year, some good, some not so good. But life cannot stand still. It would be boring if it did.

Just to re-cap these past 6 weeks, I'm a healthier Me. After Jonathan's departure from our home, I am considerably less stressed and have made my own health a focus. I've lost 20# and am aiming to lose 10#. I'm adding muscles now :) so watch out. I am not aiming for bikini season but for better overall health, and a reduction in asthma symptoms. I am even making a goal of running my first ever 5K in April. We'll see how that turns out....I'm actually a little nervous about that.....

The kids are still plugging away at school work. We've had some major adjustments to WAVA. Let's just leave it at that....

Jonathan is still in the hospital, awaiting a slot at a suitable group home. He is learning job skills and gaining independence. He's making friends.....I am so proud of him. And I'm relieved that he's safe and happy....

My resolutions for 2011....
  • To be kinder.
  • To be healthier.
  • To be more attentive.
  • To be more goal oriented.
  • To try new things more often....

All of these can be achieved, I have no doubt. I'm not doing the "I'm-going-to-lose-weight" goals, because I did that before Thanksgiving to give myself a head start :) I want to be healthier and more involved....2011 is my year. I can feel it.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back! I still check in from time to time to see if you still post once in a while, and it was my lucky day! I wish you all the best in 2011 Suzanne; but, most of all, I wish you happiness! Happy New Year to you!

JB

rennratt said...

This is wonderful! I know it's been a long few months, but it seems that things are on the upswing. I couldn't be happier for you.

I participated in my first 5K back in October. I went untimed, and really enjoyed it.

I hope that your experience is as positive as mine was.