Friday, December 10, 2010

time warp...

I have really been doing a poor job of keeping up with my blog.
And I had SUCH good intentions..but life has been pretty darn busy...

I'll give the brief updates:
  • Jonathan's doing well. He's still in the hospital and he will be for a while longer. He's settled into the routine, is making friends, he even has a JOB :) Seeing him happy is a great comfort when I miss him. I don't miss the meltdowns, the walking on eggshells, the physical altercations. But I do miss the fun & happy times with Jonathan. 
  • The kids are still bumping along through their school year. We've had some challenges adjusting to an online school that has had some issues. But we're committed to schooling at home.
  • Greg's job is going well. He works with some good folks. It's nice to be in the regular ARMY Band field again. I missed listening to typical Band stuff. Plus my husband is appreciated in a whole different way here...
  • And me...? I've been busy. Adjusting to life with Jonathan in the house. Adjusting to life without the stress of being a 24-7 caregiver. Just adjusting....it feels odd at times....
last month was my birthday (I am now 42......Wooo hoo!) I got a Roomba for my birthday. I love that little robot vacuum... it really cuts down on the dust in the house which helps my asthma.
Since moving to the West Coast, my asthma has eased considerably , for which I am grateful. Reducing the stress and losing weight has helped even more....

Christmas is almost upon us...seems like it was just summer a few weeks ago. That's certainly a sign that I'm getting old, isn't it? Maybe I am. I'm trying to soak everything up and appreciate it more....

No comments: