Saturday, January 08, 2011

a healthier livin'....

I'm 20# lighter and I feel LOTS better.
In just a few days, I start RUNNING.
I haven't really been running for fun since.....I can't remember when....) Running would set my asthma off something fierce and breathing is fairly important for any activity. I'll be anxious to see how my asthma changes with the weight loss.

How have I change my habits?
  • I stopped snacking. Well, not completely. But I am making better choices. This is one of my recent "snack addictions"...it satisfies that crunch that I need. And I can eat that whole stinkin' bag for 150 calories...of course, I don't eat the whole bag at once. But it's a good snack. I buy these at Wal-Mart for $2.00 per bag.
 
  • Another good option we're exploring is TURKEY BURGERS.  We've had turkey burgers before, but they were bland and not appealing. But these are goooood. I grilled them (which makes ALL the difference) with a bit of cracked black pepper and basil, and finish them off with a bit of sea salt...YUM! And they're budget-friendly. At $6.79 for a package of 12, that is only about $0.57 per burger!

Although not on my diet plan, we made BRISKET......it was so yummy.....this is all Adam Richman's fault...we've watched a bazillion hours of Man Vs Food 
(which is really hard to watch when you're changing how eating habits, I might add....)

If you have any GOOD healthy recipes that you'd like to share, I'd love ya forever.....

1 comment:

fragilemom said...

Way to go! Keep it up. Let me know how the running goes.